In Depth Guide To Solve Your Every Kitchen Sink Plumbing Problems
Do you know that every 7 out of 10 people in the UK have troubles with their kitchen plumbing facilities at least once in their homes?
There has been an alarming increase in kitchen sink plumbing issues within the last few years.
Those leaking sinks or taps causing a continuous rattling sound, day and night.
Or that sink clog that showed up when your guests left after hosting dinner at your place.
This brings real disappointment and discomfort to people, knowing the potential costs that this may cause.
Other reports by some leading plumbing companies in the United Kingdom disclose that people with major plumbing issues ignored the smaller things when they were choosing, installing and maintaining kitchen sinks.
Let’s dive into this insightful article specially designed for you so you can manage your kitchen plumbing issues in a smarter way.
Treat Your Kitchens Like a Queen
Even if you don’t cook that often or someone else cooks for you in your kitchen, Kitchens remain the most integral part of your house.
It is still got to be the part of the house which should always be flawless, complete and welcoming.
Here’s What You Should Do Next:
You just must stay a little organized and stop delaying repairs.
If your kitchen’s washing basin system or any of the kitchens mechanisms is troubling you more than once in a year (even after getting it repaired from some service may be), you need a change.
Either call another good and reputed service or consider altering the whole mechanism which is consistently causing a problem.
In case you have a lower budget, don’t worry keep the virtue of quality and utility intact and search for things that fit your budget.
Common Kitchen Sink Plumbing Problems
RTS247’s plumbing experts are in a continuous dialogue and synopsis of why people face problems with the kitchen sink plumbing.
At some point within their work analysis, they have listed some of the most common issues that are faced by people.
Here are some of them:
- Low water pressure which is a minor issue
- Dripping taps, which is an issue that is irritating but takes time to repair
- Blocked drain pipes, most common issue
- Clogged kitchen sinks, another issue that may be caused due to drains
- Blocked taps
- Water seeping from drain basket or a problem in the sink drain tailpiece
- Poorly installed garbage disposal
There may be others that you may figure out. Or you might be dealing with something big right now.
You either need to call a professional emergency plumbing service to get it done or check the problem that you feel you might have.
Causes of Kitchen Sink Clogging Problems That Are Avoidable
We don’t notice things when they are happening. We generally give attention to some things when they have already got worse.
To protect and maintain your kitchen, be sure you don’t behave with your sensitive kitchen basins in this way.
After all, they are where you do the utensil washing; the utensils that you contain the material which is to be inhaled directly.
Any problem in the kitchen sink, outer or internal, may lend bacteria breeding ground. Otherwise, who wants to add on to their plumbing bills?
Here are 10 things that one must never let go down the kitchen sink drain pipe:
- Pasta: All must be aware of the water holding and volume surging capacity in pasta.
So how do you trust that it would not hold water after going deep in the lines?
No pasta comes with a “no water infusing” or “sink friendly” mark because it is not made to go in there. Instead, you should dispose of it properly.
Even if they break down at some point, the thick pulpy gummy texture that it has would form an insoluble blocking material.
- Rice: Just like pasta, you aren’t supposed to send rice down due to similar reasons that rice hold water.
Assume all the things you just read in the previous paragraph and then throw rice next time into the bin.
- Any type of oil: Not just cooking oil but all possible food fats and oils such as grease or greasy sausages or dairy products should be prevented from direct disposal into the kitchen sink.
It may accompany other debris and form a massive blockage mechanism as water doesn’t let oils dissolve into it.
- Flour: Just like pasta, rice and oils, flours make the water thick and can form a hard substance on combining with various things.
- Eggs’ hard outer: Shells are hard. Even if you have a bladed instrument fixed, it would only help with going down the kitchen sink.
Whereas in the pipes, they can collaborate to make conditions worse.
- Bones: As talked about eggs, bones too have relatively similar properties. You certainly need to throw them in the garbage.
- Coffee grounds: In the United Kingdom, plumbers and drainage experts have concluded that coffee grounds may be petty but are frequently found in the debris.
- Paper towels: They don’t have any chance to reach the final manhole system. So, they make their space somewhere in between.
You may see it somehow going in from outer, but it may get stuck to the walls of the kitchen sink drain tailpiece or may get stuck anywhere else in the middle.
- Fruit pits: They are again firm. Blades may not be able to cut them so they can form a massive obstruction in the kitchen sink drain parts.
First-Aid You Can Perform with Clogged Kitchen Sink Pipes
If you want to conduct a kitchen sink plumbing (DIY), know you have chosen a “not so easy way”.
You may have to do something filthy if you don’t have several tools in hand.
Have a look at some of the solutions that you can put into practice to force that stubborn dirty debris heap down the drain line.
- Use a plunger: Push all the debris down with a plunger, simply.
The suction cup instrument creates force and that can help you for some time.
This might not prove to be a permanent solution to the problem.
- Chemical solution: Be aware of the negative aspects that happen when you use it without studying the pack.
Don’t play the blame game afterward. Better know it now that it is dangerous. You need to be very careful in order to use it.
- Pair of pliers: If the debris is in reach of your eye by a flashlight, then only you can send the dirty heap down with the help of pliers.
Also, the pliers must reach that spot. You may understand it by the use of a kitchen sink plumbing diagram.
- Baking soda, vinegar and boiling water: A slow water seeps allowing a shallow blockage can only be repaired with the help of it.
You must first put a mixture of baking soda and mixture in the drain.
Then, after 10 minutes, proceed to put the hot boiling water inside the kitchen sink. It’s a hit or miss way.
Difficult? Don’t worry move to the next alternative.
Hire Kitchen Sink Plumbing Professionals:
The easiest solution and most effective of all is to let the professionals do it.
They know how to do it without harming other kitchen sink drain parts, but you can invite several problems by doing it at home.
It’s, therefore, better to call the people who are trained professionally in kitchen sink plumbing.
Want to hire experts in the United Kingdom? Delegate your kitchen basin plumbing task to RTS247. Available 24 hours, 7 days a week!
Leave a Comment: